Customer Care + Sales Associate - Elmwood, Berkeley Store
Provide a complete shopping experience for our customers, including product knowledge, shopping assistance, and maker stories. This role fills a wide-range of needs at the store - customer assistance and running the register, inventory receiving and merchandising, and store maintenance/cleaning. We’re looking for someone eager to jump right in and has flexibility to wear many hats. At this time, we’d like new hires to begin as Sales Associates and then have the opportunity to branch out into additional positions at Palm + Perkins, in accordance with their skills and interests.
- Provide outstanding customer service and care in line with Palm + Perkins’s philosophy.
- Greet all customers promptly and courteously as they enter the store
- Learn the Palm + Perkins mission and share it with customers
- Share products and maker stories with interested customers
- Answer all customer questions and inquiries; if the correct information is not at hand, do everything possible to provide an answer before the customer leaves the store
- Increase the customer database by adding new customers to the e-newsletter list
- Work to make customers, not just sales, and learn to sell by satisfying customer needs
- Understand, communicate, and implement the store’s Return Policy
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude and cooperate with teamwork
Store Merchandising and Maintenance
- Straighten merchandise and fill in gaps as needed
- Restock merchandise and bags as necessary
- Place newly unpacked merchandise on the floor
- Maintain store image by adhering to the dress guidelines
- Vacuum, sweep floors, mop and empty trash each day as needed
Inventory Management and Shipping/Receiving
- Unpack, price, and receive new merchandise.
- Learn and use our Inventory Management system, in order to accurately track and maintain inventory
- Organize, clean, and maintain our back of house storage area.
- Package and ship online and in-store orders in accordance with our shipping guidelines.
Mentoring, Training and Employee Development
- Help train new employees
- Set and achieve goals during scheduled reviews
- Share your ideas and help Palm + Perkins grow as a company
- Take advantage of your chance to develop with a young company
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Available to work store schedule: Monday - Sunday
- Must commit to a minimum of at least one weekend day of work each week
- Looking for a commitment of 10 to 20 hours per week
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org